Steps to Pay your Income Tax Online with Challan 280
Follow these quick and easy steps.
Select Challan 280.
Step 2: For individuals paying tax
- Enter Personal Information (as per Pan Card)
- Please Select:
- Select (0021) INCOME TAX (Other than Companies)
- Choose the correct Assessment Year from the dropdown. We’re currently on AY- 2019-20 for FY-2018-19.
- Select (300) SELF ASSESSMENT TAX.
Step 3: Double check the Information before proceeding for payment
Double check the information displayed in the form like:-
- Your Name
- AY (Assessment Year) - 2019-20
- FY (Financial Year) - 2018-19
- Tax Applicable:- 0021- INCOME TAX (Other than Companies)
- Type of Payment:- 300 - SELF ASSESSMENT TAX
Step 4: After login to the Net Banking page
Enter the income tax amount to be paid in the income tax field or tax due.
Step 5: After Payment of Tax
Once the payment is done, you’ll get a tax receipt called Challan 280 on the next screen is displayed.
Please note down the following information
- The BSR code
- Challan serial number
- Date of payment
These information are usually be found on the bottom right.
Important: Save a copy of the tax receipt / Challan.