How to Download Form 26AS ?
Form 26AS can be downloaded: On the TRACES website Or via Net Banking Facility of authorized banks Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and Login using your income tax department login & password. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to Register first (see the button on top of LOGIN).
Step 1: Go to E-filing website
- Enter your PAN number, password And enter the captcha code in DD/MM/YYYY format. Now click on LOGIN.
- Enter PAN e filing website
- The following screen will appear. Go to ‘My Account’. Click on ‘View Form 26AS’ in the drop down
- View Form 26AS
- Click on ‘Confirm’ so that you are redirected to the TRACES website. (Don’t worry, this is a necessary step and is completely safe since it is a government website).
- TRACES Website
- You are now on the TRACES (TDS-CPC) website. Select the box on the screen and click on ‘Proceed’.
- TRACES TDS-CPC Website
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page – ‘Click View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) to view your Form 26AS’.
- View Tax Credit Traces
- Choose the Assessment Year and the format in which you want to see the Form 26AS. If you want to see it online, leave the format as HTML. You can also choose to download as a PDF. After you have made your choice, enter the ‘Verification Code’ and click on ‘View/Download’.
- TRACES Verification code
To open the document you have to enter a password. Form 26AS password is your DOB in DD/MM/YYYY format. Voila! Your Income Tax Form 26AS will open.